Monday, November 16, 2009

"I have come..."

Song of Songs 5:1
“I have come to my garden, my sister, my spouse.”

Reading that today was just a reminder from God of a vision He gave this past week. I was just resting in His presence one day, I had music playing, and I just sat at His feet for awhile. I discovered that, whenever I just bask in His presence, I somehow envision myself in a throne room, it’s just me and Him, and I’m bringing pleasure to Him by just being with Him. But there’s one more aspect to what I see - He is sitting on a lofty throne, high above the floor that I’m on. It’s always been good times when I just sit in His presence, but it got even better this week.
This week, as I was there in His presence, looking up at Him and loving Him, something suddenly happened. He stood up! And before I knew it, He was coming down to where I was! Then, He just stood before me and we gazed into each others eyes. It was beautiful.
It was a big deal for me though. He was suddenly not this God who sits up way above me while I love Him and adore Him, but He was a God of intimacy. He was a God who comes to me where I am, let’s me love Him….but loves me right back.
So, now I’m learning to be near to Him and to let Him come to His garden. This love is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment